Last Updated: December 5th, 2015
During certain promotions, Artisanal Being may allow you to submit information about other people. For example, you may submit a person's name, mailing and/or e-mail address to send a gift or electronic greeting. The types of PII that may be collected about other people at these pages include: recipient’s name, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
We also may automatically collect certain data when you use the Site, such as (1) IP address. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you surf the Web. Web servers, or the computers that provide the web pages to your computer for you to view, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you use your computer to request to view a page from a server, that server logs your IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Site; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Site; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Site; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Site. We may also aggregate any information collected, including demographic information collected in a manner which does not identify any individual (“Aggregate Information”). [Your visit to our Site will be logged. We track the number of people that view each page of our Site to better understand which features are most popular and best meet the needs of our visitors.]
Use of Information
We may use the PII you provide to notify you of our products and services, sales and promotions, or other matters that may be of interest to you. Your PII may be shared with our affiliates, subsidiaries and/or agents, and may be used to provide services and other information that you request from us. Sharing your PII enables our partners to follow-up with you on information you request, to complete your transaction or to perform other services that you may request from us. We do not authorize any of those third parties to make any other use of your PII. We may also use your PII for market research purposes.
We will not sell or rent your PII to anyone.
We will disclose PII about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to do so.
- We need to share the information in order to provide the product or service you have requested.
- We need to communicate with you, in order to contact you about your account or order.
- We need to send you our newsletter or other promotional materials
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Artisanal Being to provide a product or service for you on our behalf and to provide other services, including, but not limited to, payment processing, shipping, order tracking, promotional fulfillment, and customer service. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the PII we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us, unless they have your consent to do so.
- We need to customize or tailor your experience of the Site or obtain your feedback regarding the Site.
- We need to prevent, detect and investigate security breaches and potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- We need to respond to valid legal process. This includes a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, and any other instance when we believe we are required to do so by law or to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the Site rules or policies, or the rights of third parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
- We are undertaking a sale, merger, consolidation, reorganization, sale of all or any part of its business or assets or in connection with bankruptcy.
We may use Aggregate Information for any and all purposes as we deem fit, including sharing such Aggregate Information with affiliates or other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes.
The Site does not recognize the “do not track signals” that some browsers may employ.
Linking to Other Websites
We may provide links to other websites that are not under our control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy that you may wish to review. We have no responsibility for linked websites and provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
In an endeavor to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure PII we collect. We cannot guarantee 100% security of any information that you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk.
You may register with artisanalbeing.com. At the time you register you will create a password. Please remember your password as you will be asked to provide it each time you make a purchase or attempt to access your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for all uses of your password, whether or not authorized by you. You should not disclose your password to any other person. In order to protect the security of your account and personal information, when your visit is complete you should be sure to log off of the Site and shut down your browser.
[Artisanal Being incorporates security measures such as encryption and authentication tools to protect your data from unauthorized use. Firewalls are utilized to protect our servers and network from unauthorized users accessing and tampering with files and other information that we store.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect information transmitted to every page of our Site, including the shopping and checkout experience. While we realize that we can't ensure 100% security of data transmission over the Internet, we do our best to protect your information while you are visiting and interacting with our Site.
Please assist us in keeping your information current by notifying us of changes to your name, address, title, phone number or email address. You may correct your PII or select the option not to receive future contacts (i.e. mailings, calls, etc.) by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. This Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not sell products for purchase by children and all children's products we sell are for purchase by adults only. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with PII, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Effective Date and Modifications
United States of America
Service Terms of Service
By Email: email@example.com
321 Walnut Street, #451
Newtonville, MA 02460